API Furan-2 is a fish medication that is meant for bacterial diseases. Made to combat as wide a variety of gram-positive and negative bacteria causing diseases as possible, it can help your fish recover from a number of health issues including:
- Bacterial gill disease
- Open red sores (Aeromonas spp.)
- Body slime
- Eye cloud
- Black molly disease
- Fin and tail rot (Flavobacterium columnaris)
You can use this fish medication in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
It is important to note that API Furan-2 does inhibit the biological filter in your tank and this bacterial infection treatment for fish will cause slight discoloration in the water. Therefore, it is recommended that you increase aeration in your aquarium while the medication is in use. You can easily remove the discoloration with activated carbon.
Please carefully follow these instructions for the best results:
- Remove the filter media and continue aeration.
- For every 10 gallons of water, empty one packet directly into your aquarium.
- Repeat this dose after 24 hours.
- Wait another 24 hours, then change 25% of the aquarium water.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Change 25% of the water and add fresh activated carbon or replace the filter cartridge.
A full course of treatment requires four doses.
This product comes with 10 individual packets. There is 30 oz of treatment powder total in each box.
Find other API fish treatments in our recommended products below.