Insects are hunted by fish in the wild as they offer a widely available food source. The instinctive feeding habit is the foundation behind Bug Bites, which are formulated with nutrient-rich insect larvae and enriched with multiple quality proteins, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- High in fiber, this formula ensures food intake is properly processed through the intestinal tract, supporting a healthier gut (and overall health) for this cold-water species.
- Contains up to 40%, nutrient-rich Black Soldier Fly Larvae (#1 ingredient)
- High in multiple proteins
- Rich in Omega 3 and 6 for healthy skin, scales and fins
- Fortified with essential vitamins, amino acids and minerals for a balanced daily diet
- Easily digestible
- Naturally palatable – a taste fish crave
- Slow sinking granule format (1.4-2.0 MM) – great for fancy goldfish
- Sustainably processed in small batches for quality control and maximum freshness
- No artifical fillers, colors or perservatives
- Made in Canada
Ingredients: Dried black soldier fly larvae, corn, corn gluten meal, wheat, salmon, pea protein concentrate, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, DL-methionine, lecithin, choline chloride, L-lysine, vitamin E supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium L-ascorbyl-2-monophosphate, calendula, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, D-calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, beta-carotene (color), rosemary extract, riboflavin, copper sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, inositol, folic acid, vitamin A supplement, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin D3 supplement.
Crude protein (min) 32.0%, Crude fat (min) 10.0%, Crude fiber (max) 6.0%, Moisture (max) 10.0%, Ash (max) 9.0%, Lysine (min) 2.2%, Methionine (min) 1.0%, Calcium (min) 1.50%, Phosphorus (min) 0.80%, Vitamin A (min) 2,500 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 (min) 2,400 IU/kg, Vitamin E (min) 75 IU/kg
Feeding Instructions: Feed as much as fish can eat in two minutes, two or three times daily.
Storage Instructions: After opening, store in a cool dry place. See back of pack for best before date.
The fish really like them. They are pretty small, not pellet size as I had expected from the photo