We love these small pellets. They were designed specifically for smaller-mouth fishes like tetras, bettas and rainbow fish. The pellets small size allows these smaller fish to easily grab and hold them in their smaller mouths. Hikari micro-pellets also combine superior nutrition with excellent digestibility. The micro-coating maintains nutrient integrity while the nutrition packed pellets offer outstanding value compared to flakes.
Nutrition Smaller Fish Require
- The premium-select marine and vegetable protein mix is ideal for small tropical fish who require larger energy reserves
- A unique balance of Krill and Spirulina along with Bio-Technology offers vivid coloration
- The precisely colored granule improves underwater visibility thereby resulting in more rapid acceptance and less uneaten food than competitive products
- Developed to offer a "value" option when compared to most flake foods and eliminate the need for you to crush the flakes before feeding
A Pellet With A Purpose
- This semi-floating diet utilizes micro-coating technology to lock in its unique nutritional components while reducing the chances of water clouding
- The rapidly softening pellet provides a softer texture that's ideally suited for most smaller community tank fishes
- This smaller granule allows even the smallest of fish ready access to the nutrient package
Feed two (2) to three (3) times daily the amount your fish will completely consume in about a minute. Care should be taken to avoid overfeeding as water quality issues can result.
Note: Hikari® Tropical Micro Pellets® contains higher levels of natural ingredients which may cause a slight change in color from one production lot to another. Rest assured because of our rigid quality standards each package meets our superior nutritional specifications.
I have used Hikari for my fish a long time. My fish are always in an eager mass to it when I feed them this/
These micro pellets were even smaller than I expected! The perfect size for my fry!
Hikari micropellets are one of the best substitutes for the specialized Medaka ricefish foods available in Japan, but not often found in the United States. I use these pellets for both adult Medaka colonies and for young from about 3 weeks on. Great product, good price on Modern Aquarium.