The Seachem Tidal Matrix is a powerful high porosity biomedia designed to provide intense biofiltration in freshwater aquariums. Matrix is compatible with all types of wet or wet-dry filters. Constructed as a porous inorganic solid about 10 mm in diameter, each liter of Matrix provides as much surface area (>~700 m2) as 170 liters of plastic balls, which is an incredible feat for a humble filter media. The reason for this is because plastic bio-materials provide only external surface area, whereas this substance provides both external and internal macroporous surface area for greater filtration.
The macropores on the surface of the biomedia is the perfect size to support nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria which contribute to the removal of nitrate, ammonia and nitrites at the same time. The substance is completely inert so it will not impact pH balances nor will it breakdown within the tank and it doesn't need to be replaced. Since the majority of the bacteria are internal, Matrix may be rinsed when needed without damaging the filter.
- High porosity biomedia designed to provide intense biofiltration in freshwater aquariums
- Helps to support nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria
- Contributes to the removal of harmful nitrate, ammonia and nitrites
- Will not impact pH balances
- Compatible with all types of wet or wet-dry filters