Dispatch Package Protection is a service provided by Modern Aquarium. It will replace or refund the cost of the items you purchased that were lost, stolen, or damaged in shipment, subject to the terms and conditions specified below.
Your decision to protect the items with Dispatch Package Protection is entirely optional. You can remove Dispatch Package Protection from your shopping cart at any time prior to finalizing your order. Once purchased, all fees paid for Dispatch Package Protection are non-refundable.
Dispatch Package Protection covers the eligible items from the inception of the shipment until they are successfully delivered to you. At our sole discretion, we may cancel and refund your Dispatch Package Protection at any time before your items are collected by the shipping carrier (e.g. FedEx, UPS, USPS). Dispatch Package Protection extends coverage only to the order and the items purchased with it and cannot be transferred and/or used to cover items purchased separately under a different order number.
For your claim to be processed, please observe the following procedures and timelines:
- Submit all your claims for Dispatch Package Protection via LiveChat. Provide your order number, and full name, and briefly explain the reason for your claim.
- If your package was marked as delivered by the shipping carrier (e.g. FedEx, UPS, USPS) but you did not receive it, you must file your claim no more than 15 days from the date it was marked delivered.
- If your package was not marked as delivered by the shipping carrier (e.g. FedEx, UPS, USPS) and you did not yet receive it, you must file your claim no earlier than seven days but no later than 15 days from the last tracking update by the shipping carrier.
- If your package was delivered, but the item arrived damaged, you must file your claim no more than 15 days from the date it was marked delivered.
- For all claims submitted, you must fully cooperate with and assist us in investigating your claim. This includes providing all documentation such as police reports, affidavits, or other information as requested by us, and to execute in your name any documents which may be necessary to carry into effect the purpose of this agreement. Do not discard any items or packages you received as we may also ask you to return the items subject of your claim to us at our expense. Failure to cooperate and follow these instructions may result in denial of your claim.
Please note that your order shipment confirmation email includes a tracking number for your package, allowing you to stay updated on the progress of your package.
If your claim is processed successfully, Dispatch Package Protection will either:
- Replace your lost or damaged item(s). We will ship the replaced item(s) to the original address on record for the order at issue at no additional cost to you; or
- Refund your original purchase cost of the item(s), including sales tax, and shipping costs if all items ordered were not delivered or arrived damaged, but excluding the cost of purchasing Dispatch Package Protection.
We will determine whether the item(s) should be replaced or refunded at our sole discretion.
Dispatch Package Protection will not refund or replace the item(s) where its condition is caused by ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight or volume, ordinary wear and tear of the item, or willful misconduct, infidelity, conversion, or dishonest acts of the purchaser of the service, whether committed alone or with others.
You must provide an accurate and deliverable shipping address for Dispatch Package Protection to protect your order and be eligible for refund or replacement of any items stolen, lost or damaged in shipment. Inaccurate and undeliverable shipping address voids this service.