You can feel confident about purchasing live aquarium fish from Modern Aquarium because your purchase is backed by our Live Arrival Guarantee and 7-Day Acclimation Guarantee.
Live Arrival Guarantee: In the unlikely event that you experience a loss of fish, we will refund you the cost of the fish you purchased (including shipping but only in the event when all animals in the shipment are lost). In order for our Live Arrival Guarantee to apply to your purchase, you must accept the delivery of the fish when the shipping carrier makes its first attempt at delivery. Failure to accept the delivery or provide accurate shipping address voids our Live Arrival Guarantee as prolonged shipping times have severe negative impact on the health of the animals. In order to allow you to track your order and prepare to receive your fish, we will notify you by email when your order ships and provide you with the tracking number for your order. If any of the fish you ordered arrive dead, you must report the loss to us within 24 hours of the delivery by replying to your order confirmation email. Please photograph the fish in the bag as we may require visual evidence to confirm the claim. Once we receive your report, we will evaluate your claim, may request additional information, and refund your purchase as appropriate.
7-Day Acclimation Guarantee: If you experience a loss within seven days of delivery of your fish, we will refund the cost of the fish you purchased (including shipping but only in the event when all animals in the shipment are lost). In order for our 7-Day Acclimation Guarantee to apply to your purchase, you must accept the delivery of the fish when the shipping carrier makes its first attempt at delivery and must acclimate your fish in accordance with our acclimation guidelines as follows:
- Ensure that your aquarium is ready for the newly arrived fish, including fully cycled filter with ammonia and nitrite readings of zero and nitrate no more than 20ppm.
- Turn off the light in your aquarium and dim the lights in your room before opening the shipping box.
- Immediately after removing the shipping bag from the box, put it in the aquarium and allow it to float for approximately 30 minutes to temperature acclimate your newly arrived fish. DO NOT open the shipping bag at this time.
- After 30 minutes, open and remove the fish from the shipping bag and put in your aquarium (make sure to discard the water from the shipping bag and never mixed it with your aquarium water).
- You must place the fish in the environment appropriate for the fish you received for the 7-Day Acclimation Guarantee to apply. For example,
Important Notice: In order for the 7-Day Acclimation Guarantee to apply, you must place the fish in the environment appropriate for the fish you received. For example, if you purchased the fish requiring low pH and placed them in a high-pH environment inappropriate for their care and keeping, the 7-Day Acclimation Guarantee would not apply. If you are not sure what environment is appropriate for the fish you intend to purchase, please contact us for information and guidance and our staff will be happy to assist you.
If any of the fish you ordered are lost within seven days of their arrival, you must report the loss to us within 24 hours of the loss by replying to your order confirmation email. We will evaluate your claim, may request additional information and refund your purchase as appropriate.