- 1mm granule size allows for development of stronger roots while keeping them sufficiently oxygenated
- Natural volcanic substrate with extremely beneficial properties for aquatic plant growth
- Ideal for use as a substrate in shrimp biotope aquaria and all aquariums with live plants
- Used as a primary substrate, forms the basis of a stable growth medium for rooted aquatic plants by:
1. Permitting development of strong root systems.
2. Encouraging nutrient-uptake through roots via increased interstitial water circulation (relative to higher-density substrata) and acidic pH environment.
3. Allowing roots to remain sufficiently oxygenated to maintain plant health