Aquascaping Tool Set | 6 Piece
At some point, after your aquarium is well established and your plants begin to grow, you will need to develop a regular schedule for maintaining your aquarium. Modern Aquarium’s Aquascaping Set has the tools you need to accomplish this task efficiently. This complete aquascaping set consists of 6 high-quality stainless steel specialty aquascaping tools:
- Straight Scissors: designed for trimming new plants before they are planted in your aquarium (trimming down roots that are too long and/or cutting leaves that are dead/unhealthy as well as pruning of plants/leaves growing midwater and near the water surface.
- Curved Scissors: designed for pruning of carpeting plants and plants/leaves growing close to the ground, at a low angle, meaning your hand/palm holding the scissors can get relatively close to the bottom of the aquarium if needed.
- Straight Tweezers: designed for planting thinner and less bushy plants, as well as doing regular maintenance work, like picking up debris and planting root tablets deep into the substrate.
- Curved Tweezers: designed for planting thicker and more bushy plants, as well as doing regular maintenance work, like picking up debris.
- Substrate Flattener: designed to help smooth out unplanted surface areas in your aquarium. It can also become very useful when planting Anubias where only a thin layer of sand over its roots is needed while keeping the rhizome exposed.
- Algae Scraper: designed to simply and effectively clean algae from your aquarium (standard razor blade not included).
Why Maintaining Live Aquarium Plants is Important
Your live aquarium plants may need trimming when they become overgrown. Stem plants and some fast-growing plants like Hornwort, Wisteria, Anacharis, or Rotala may need to be trimmed and thinned out more often to keep them more compact and stop them from overshadowing plants below and growing out of the tank. Other plants such as Anubias or Swords will need to have their unhealthy, decaying leaves or algae-infested leaves removed. Carpeting plants such as Staurogyne Repens, Hairgrass, and Baby Tears Dwarf will need to be trimmed as well to keep them at their best. Using curved scissors included in this aquascaping set makes this task a breeze.
Regular maintenance and trimming of your plants is recommended to keep your aquascape looking its best, prevent dead spots where overgrown plants block water from circulating, promote new leaf growth, and keep your plants healthy.
Shop with Confidence in our Online Aquarium Store
Modern Aquarium’s aquascaping tools are made of high-quality stainless steel. These tools are beautifully designed, easy to handle and, thanks to their quality construction, durable. They make your maintenance tasks easy and help keep your planted aquariums thriving and beautiful. Our various aquascaping tools such as scissors, tweezers, and flatteners can be purchased separately and in many different sizes.
Since purchasing the Fluval plant light my plants are thriving the tool set that i purchased helps me to trim the plants and helps one to arrange certain items without actually putting the whole arm inside the aquarium. The tools makes my job easier to maintain my 75 gallon tank. It also has the algae scrapper where i can use a razor blade to use . This aquascaping tool set has various tools that is an asset . The case helps one to keep the tools from getting lost.